Finance Control / Admin Assistant
You will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks in the finance department: assisting in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.
Full-time · UK (Remote / Flexi)
1HUTCH are a Shopify Expert and Partner Agency that covers all international brands. Our team specialises in design and build of e-commerce websites. We focus on making commerce better for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best: building and selling their products.
About the role
The Finance Assistant position is crucial within our agency, assisting the Finance Controller (outsourced accountants), and being the first point of contact for relevant queries. They are responsible for carrying out Finance procedures accurately and in a timely manner at 1HUTCH.
- Group bank reconciliations
- General bookkeeping and purchase/sales ledger management
- Create, send, and follow up on Sales’ invoices
- Help oversee and manage individual client accounts
- Main point of contact for external Accounting team
- Credit control and escalating issues to Financial Controller in a timely manner
- Staff contracts, signed and filed
- Staff holidays and Calendars
- Assist with quarterly VAT returns
- Reconcile, investigate and report any discrepancies, unusual activity or errors
- Assist the Financial Controller in creating financial reports when necessary
- Answers queries and provide assistance to Company Directors, suppliers, and clients
- Perform routine calculations to produce reports as requested
- Work alongside HR Debt to produce & manage costing reports
- Adhere to the organisation's strict financial policies and procedures
What we are looking for
- Work experience as a Finance Assistant or similar role
- Experience using XERO - not essential - training provided
- Good mathematical and problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, Google Sheets.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and professional behaviour
- Enjoys Accounting and Finance
- Self-organised, self-motivated
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Friendly and driven
- Salary based on experience.
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday + 8 bank holidays + 1 additional day per year served.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Flexible working: remote, in-office or some combination of the two.
- We’re a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event. COVID Permitting
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Casual Dress Code: Kick back and just be you. Trainers, Jeans, T's or dressed as a Minion if that's your thing :)
- Company Pension Scheme: Provided by NEST, with company contributions
- Sick Pay: We got you covered
- Referral Scheme and Commissions: Based on Company Sales generated. We continue to do well and so do you
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we're currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it's safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.