Frontend Web Developer
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic front-end developer to help us build best-in-class ecommerce websites on Shopify and Shopify Plus.
As a company 1HUTCH celebrates diversity and inclusion. Our culture revolves around our people and we are committed to the continuous development of our team members. We achieve this through offering support with official qualifications, in house training, bespoke personal development, learning plans and much more.
Currently we all work remotely and although we're not yet sure what the new normal will look like, we expect to be partially office based in the future.
Full-time · UK (Remote / Flexi)
1HUTCH are a Shopify Expert and Partner Agency that covers all international brands. Our team specialises in design and build of e-commerce websites. We focus on making commerce better for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best: building and selling their products.
As a front-end design / developer, you'll be working as part of a team of developers, designers, solutions consultants and project managers, to build best-in-class ecommerce websites on Shopify.
Your job will see you working closely with our team bringing their designs to life, creating exceptional ecommerce experiences: from high-converting homepages to perfectly crafted product pages.
What we are looking for
- Excellent knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have...
- Passion for design
- Knowledge of Continuous integration/deployment
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, and liquid code.
- Salary based on experience.
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday + 8 bank holidays + 1 additional day per year served.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Flexible working: remote, in-office or some combination of the two.
- We’re a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event. COVID Permitting
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Casual Dress Code: Kick back and just be you. Trainers, Jeans, T's or dressed as a Minion if that's your thing :)
- Company Pension Scheme: Provided by NEST, with company contributions
- Sick Pay: We got you covered
- Referral Scheme and Commissions: Based on Company Sales generated. We continue to do well and so do you
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we're currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it's safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.