UX / UI Designer
We’re looking for a talented UX / UI Designer to help us design and build beautiful Shopify ecommerce stores for a diverse range of forward-thinking brands. Full-time · UK (Remote / Flexi)
1HUTCH are a Shopify Expert and Partner Agency that covers all international brands. Our team specialises in design and build of e-commerce websites. We focus on making commerce better for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best: building and selling their products.
About the role
As a UX / UI Designer, you'll be working as part of a team of Developers, Product Owners, to design best-in-class ecommerce websites on Shopify.
This is a critical part of our production team, responsible for pushing the user experience forward and helping make key decisions on design through every stage of the process. We're looking for a creative person with a great eye for design and a can-do attitude.
You’ll have excellent research and problem-solving skills. You’ll also have experience creating compelling customer journeys that help clients deliver relevant and engaging customer experiences that maximize conversions and drive sales. Most importantly, you’ll have an astute ability to articulate and justify your design decisions, whilst drawing on customers and team members to iteratively refine ideas and prototypes.
- Create ecommerce designs with a mobile-first approach for a diverse range of forward-thinking brands.
- Create working prototypes to define interactions and animations.
- Work closely with the Head of Design to create best-in-class ecommerce experiences.
- Seeking ways to enhance the ecommerce experience of our websites – focusing on mobile, responsive design and performance.
- Proactively pushing the level of quality in both thinking and execution.
- Collaborating with our team to create high-quality front-ends that function beautifully on all devices.
- Working with our team to deliver design work on time and within budget.
- Presenting your work to clients alongside the Product Owner, explaining user journeys to multiple stakeholders.
- Performing design reviews on your projects to ensure the quality of build matches what you and the client envisaged.
What we are looking for
- You’ll have 2+ years experience working as a designer in the digital space.
- You’ll have expert knowledge of Shopify.
- You’ll have strong knowledge of UX/UI with experience in wireframing customer journeys and prototyping.
- You’ll have a sound understanding of cross-browser, SEO, accessibility and usability design for the web.
- Pixel perfect attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over quality.
- You’ll have a keen interest in ecommerce and the types of clients we attract: fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food, and innovative FMCG.
- You’ll relish the chance to help our clients solve challenging problems.
- You’ll be organized and have excellent attention to detail.
- You will be passionate about all things tech, digital and design.
- You’ll be comfortable with the concept of change and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll have exceptional communication skills and be comfortable discussing your work with team members and clients.
- You’ll be a smart, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude!
- You’ll have an excellent understanding of all vital Shopify Apps, with the ability to advise clients on these based on their requirements
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience designing ecommerce websites. You’ll have a good understanding of common ecommerce UX patterns.
- Experience with Shopify or a similar ecommerce platform.
- Relevant experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in digital media design (or similar).
- Knowledge of LIQUID (Shopify's templating language) would be a huge bonus.
- Salary based on experience.
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday + 8 bank holidays + 1 additional day per year served.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Flexible working: remote, in-office or some combination of the two.
- We’re a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event. COVID Permitting
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Casual Dress Code: Kick back and just be you. Trainers, Jeans, T's or dressed as a Minion if that's your thing :)
- Company Pension Scheme: Provided by NEST, with company contributions
- Sick Pay: We got you covered
- Referral Scheme and Commissions: Based on Company Sales generated. We continue to do well and so do you
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we're currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it's safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.