Digital Marketer Apprenticeships
Powered by Retail Success 1HUTCH has gone from strength to strength and established itself as one of the UK's fastest growing eCommerce agencies. It’s an exciting time for 1HUTCH, and as we continue to grow, we're looking to hire an eCommerce Marketing Executive to deliver help deliver our own online marketing strategies and grow the agency’s online presence. As a company 1HUTCH celebrates diversity and inclusion. Our culture revolves around our people and we are committed to the continuous development of our team members. We achieve this through offering support with official qualifications, in house training, bespoke personal development, learning plans and much more. Currently we all work remotely and although we're not yet sure what the new normal will look like, we expect to be partially office based in the future. Full-time · UK (Remote / Flexi)
1HUTCH are a Shopify Expert and Partner Agency that covers all international brands. Our team specialises in design and build of e-commerce websites. We focus on making commerce better for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best: building and selling their products.
About the course and role
Below is the full listing of the Digital marketer course. On top of all the below you will be working in a live environment at one of the fastest growing Shopify agencies in the UK. You'll learn everything you need to know about ecommerce and the Shopify ecosystem from concept to site completion. Your role is not determined by the course, it is more about you and how you want to mould yourself in to the 1HUTCH Team in the future. We can't wait to hear from you.
Delivered over 13 months (plus) up to 3 months for End Point Assessment (EPA) completion
- Technical qualifications delivery through eLearning, Virtual Classrooms
- On-site support from a dedicated Work Based Coach to support the development of a competency portfolio
- Regular Progress reviews
- End point assessment and interview
The primary role of a digital marketer is to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention.
A digital marketer will typically be working as part of a team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall marketing plan or campaign. The marketer will work to marketing briefs and instructions. They will normally report to a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT Manager.
Portfolio: Apprentices will be required to build a portfolio containing evidence from real work projects which have been completed, in the workplace, during the apprenticeship. The apprentice’s portfolio should evidence the following skills and competencies:
Written communication: applies a good level of written communication skills for a range of audiences and digital platforms and with regard to the sensitivity of communication
Research: analyses and contributes information on the digital environment to inform short and long-term digital communications strategies and campaigns
Technologies: recommends and applies effective, secure and appropriate solutions using a wide variety of digital technologies and tools over a range of platforms and user interfaces to achieve marketing objectives
Data: reviews, monitors and analyses online activity and provides recommendations and insights to others
Customer service: responds efficiently to enquiries using online and social media platforms.
Problem solving: applies structured techniques to problem solving, and analyses problems and resolves issues across a variety of digital platforms
Analysis: understands and creates basic analytical dashboards using appropriate digital tools
Implementation: builds and implements digital campaigns across a variety of digital media platforms
Applies at least two of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, email marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click
Uses digital tools effectively
Digital analytics: measures and evaluates the success of digital marketing activities
Interprets and follows:
- latest developments in digital media technologies and trends,
- marketing briefs and plans
- company defined ‘customer standards’ or industry good practice for marketing
- company, team or client approaches to continuous integration
Can operate effectively in their own business’s, their customers’ and the industry’s environments
Learning modes available
BCS Level 3 Award in Principles of Coding
Understands and develops an appreciation of logic
Distance learning pack:
BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
Understands and can apply basic marketing principles
Distance learning pack plus either:
Google Analytics Individual Qualification
The Google Analytics Individual Qualification covers basic and advanced Google Analytics concepts. This includes: planning and principles; implementation and data collection; configuration and administration; conversion and attribution; and reports, metrics, and dimensions.
eLearning (workplace or Tech Labs)
- Salary based on experience.
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday + 8 bank holidays + 1 additional day per year served.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Flexible working: remote, in-office or some combination of the two.
- We’re a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event. COVID Permitting
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Casual Dress Code: Kick back and just be you. Trainers, Jeans, T's or dressed as a Minion if that's your thing :)
- Company Pension Scheme: Provided by NEST, with company contributions
- Sick Pay: We got you covered
- Referral Scheme and Commissions: Based on Company Sales generated. We continue to do well and so do you
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we're currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it's safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.